New employment law partner to bolster BLM's Commercial Advisory Practice in London
NEW EMPLOYMENT LAW PARTNER TO BOLSTER BLM’S COMMERCIAL ADVISORY PRACTICE IN LONDON
20 April 2020
Today, insurance risk and commercial law firm BLM bolsters its commercial advisory offering with the appointment of partner, Julian Cox as head of employment law, London.
Julian, with over 20 years of legal experience, will join BLM’s fast-growing, commercial advisory and private wealth team. His strategic appointment will strengthen the firm’s vision to be an agile and creative law business in its chosen markets of insurance, commerce and private wealth.
Julian has held senior roles both in-house for FTSE-100 organisations as well as spending the last 15 years in City of London-based private practice. Julian joins BLM as a partner from commercial law firm, iLaw, where he was head of practice for employment law.
As BLM’s new head of employment law, London, our clients will benefit from Julian’s vast experience as a legal innovator. Julian brings with him an impressive track record and will help to further build BLM’s employment law capability. Julian will work within BLM’s partnership supporting the firm’s commercial advisory practice group as well as his colleagues in insurance and risk law, who are based right across the UK.
Siri Siriwardene, head of commercial advisory & private wealth at BLM commented:
“Julian’s appointment signals another significant step for BLM. He brings considerable experience in advising insurers and other large organisations including investment banks, retailers and those involved in major national infrastructure projects. Considering the challenges organisations currently face due to Covid-19, Julian’s arrival is very timely for our clients, as his extensive experience reaches beyond employment law encompassing tier 1 and tier 2 immigration advice and pensions law. I am delighted to have someone of his calibre on board - he will be a major asset to both the BLM team and our clients both now and in and in the future.”
Julian Cox, head of employment law, London at BLM added:
“It is a privilege to join BLM as a partner and be in a position to help shape the firm’s employment capabilities to meet the complex needs of BLM’s clients at this critical time. I will be focused on helping our clients adapt and respond to the global pandemic and its aftermath while simultaneously readying themselves for the UK’s impending EU departure and the commercial opportunities that will follow. I look forward to augmenting BLM’s team of lawyers who bring the best of operational and commercial legal knowledge into play.”
- BLM is the leading insurance and commercial risk law specialist in the UK and Ireland. With a turnover of over £100million, we advise insurers, Lloyd’s syndicates, MGAs, brokers, corporate policyholders, professional indemnifiers and other market organisations
- With more than 200 partners and 1700 staff, BLM is instructed on a broad spectrum of legal issues and acts for customers in key sectors such as construction and property, corporate risks, healthcare, insurance and indemnity, leisure, public sector, retail, technology, media and telecoms, transport and the London Market
- BLM has 13 offices across the UK and Ireland in Belfast, Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Dublin, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, Liverpool, London, Londonderry, Manchester and Southampton
- BLM presently acts for 13 of the top 15 UK insurers and four of the top five global insurers
- BLM is a founder member, and UK representative, in Global Insurance Law Connect, an international alliance of 13 insurance law firms launched in June 2017
- BLM has diversified with the creation of the Commercial Advisory and Wealth business, having brought in a team of 33 lawyers in 2017, which it is now expanding with new hires
- The firm appointed Matthew Harrington as senior partner with effect from 1 March 2018
For further information, please visit: https://bestofboth.blmlaw.com/