- 04/06/2020 - 04/06/2020
- 12:00 - 13:00
- View in Google maps
Thursday, 4 June 2020 - 12pm - 1pm
As we have seen in recent weeks, the UK government is implementing a gradual ‘lockdown exit strategy’.
HR professionals and business leaders should be starting to plan now to ensure that their business is ready for the economy to restart and consider what this will mean for the workplace and workforce.
It is clear that working practices and the workplace are going to need to adapt significantly – at least until an effective treatment or vaccine is found for COVID-19.
In this highly practical one hour session, partners from our Employment team will call on their decades of experience to guide you through all the legal and practical issues business leaders and HR professionals will need to address as we come out of ‘lockdown’, to ensure that you are properly prepared.
The key topics we will focus on are:
- The revised furlough arrangements (if available)
- Redundancy consultation while on furlough
- Pools and selection methods to keep the right people in your business
- Disputes surrounding a request to return to the workplace
- Pay reductions and other changes to employment terms
- Ensuring appropriate health and safety measures are in place
- Formalising home working arrangements
- Updating employment contracts, policies and procedures in light of COVID-19