Occupying property is no picnic and can often come with its fair share of problems. At BLM, our aim is to secure our client’s commercial objectives in the most efficient and cost-effective way possible.
The vast majority of our disputes are settled by negotiation or alternative dispute resolution, but if this not possible, we offer a team of highly skilled litigators to pursue your litigation with the upmost robustness and tenacity, no matter the size or complexity of the case.
We act for some of the biggest names in the property sector, multinationals, PLC’s, SME’s and number of high net worth individuals, dealing with all types of property litigation to include (but not limited to):
- Commercial lease dilapidations claims
- Disputes relating to rights of light, easements and restrictive covenants
- Property-related insolvency issues
- Business tenancy renewal and termination claims under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954
- Residential landlord and tenant issues- forfeiture claims and evictions
- Party wall claims
- Service charge disputes
- Licence and planning disputes
- Mortgage repossession and restructuring claims
- Property related negligence matters
- Adverse possession claims
- Disputes relating to the unlawful occupation of land
Our Property Litigation Group is spread across the UK including an office in London, which is headed up by Priya Sejpal. Our partners and solicitors are members of the Property Litigation Association as well as various other litigation associations and with a reputation for being commercial and constructive, as well as having an excellent expertise in real estate litigation, BLM are leading experts in this field.